Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:11:34 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 4:36:07 PM Mountain Daylight Time, rsu@tigana.com
writes:

> That's because Heavygear's design is heavily influenced by AT Votoms, a
> gritty journey of one man thru hell and back on a universe that seemed to
be
> stuck in perpetual war. Whether makers of Heavygears ever bother to
> acknowledge this influence (I don't want to use the negative word steal) or
> not I don't know.

Dream Pod 9's Jovian Chronicles is for all intense and purposes Gundam, while
Heavy Gear is VOTOMS. But they're done Canadian style. You have radically
different stories set in totally different universes, but the style is the
same in each case. I like the games, myself, and am thinking on running
Gundam using the Silhouette system from Jovian Chronicles. VOTOMS done using
Heavy Gear would be cool, too.

SJ