Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:00:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 12:31:15 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
silentaxis@geocities.com writes:

> The Japanese versions?? BT was made by a US company called FASA which was
> recently bought up by Microsoft. But anyway, FASA made BT to be a mock
> up/exact copy of Macross (Robotech for you US only fans), and so the
> Macross creators didn't like FASA's illegal copying so BT was slowly
> converted to the "ugly" looking mechs as seen now.

FASA has, and is, marketing BT in Japan, but with totally different art than
seen state side. All of the art in the Japanese version are done by Japanese
artists. You can see these designs for yourself at

 <A HREF="http://www.ior.com/~tachyon/battletech.html">Japanese
Battletech</A>

These are what FASA should be using state side, not all those old anime
designs. Maybe we will see them in future FASA releases?

SJ