Vince Leon (vleon@u.arizona.edu)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:11:57 -0700

I don't worry about all that stuff. I just use regular rubbing alcohol and
it works just great as a thinner and brush cleaner, a hint for all you
newbie model builders. And it works great as a thinner for airbrushing.

Vince Leon
University of Arizona

vleon@u.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Chien Ting Chin [SMTP:chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 1999 10:31 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: [gundam] model paint question, is there a chemist in the house?

I am switching paint brand to Gunze Sanyo. They kindly listed ingredient
by percentage on the bottle. I wonder if that means I can mix my own
thiner by the liters for pennies. Now it says acrylic regin XX%, pigment
YY%, alchole ZZ%, water WW%, gycole GG%. I am guessing "regin" mean
"resin", "alchole" means ethanol, "gycole" is glycol. Is that translation
correct? ("gycole" is not glycerol right?)

So to mix my own thiner, I just use water, ethanol and glycol in the
proper proportion? I assume the acrylic resin is part of the non-volatile
component.

FYI, I am preparing the paint for airbrush.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble