James L. Ravelo II (jravelo2@pacific.net.ph)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:47:47 +0800

While we're discussing some BattleTech, I'd just like to state some of
my thoughts:
1. Some Clan mechs actually loke like something out of a Gundam series,
an example of which could be the Clan mech Peregrine...
2. I dunno if the Clan invasion had anything to do with it or FASA's
decision to soften up the looks of their mechs, most mechs (the new ones
anyway) look real nicer but some still suck...
3. While they don't look like it, in the novels, some battlemechs are
real agile like the mecha in Gundam...
4. I love the hand-to-hand (really unarmed, except for the use of their
arms...LOL) combat in BattleTech...if I could only see it more often in
Gundam, not just zapping some enemy mecha a few kilometers away or
blowing them away with whatever powerful particle cannon