BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:22:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/1999 10:21:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Chaos025@aol.com writes:

> If you read the earlier novels by Stackpole and Keith, you get the
impression

> that BattleMechs are as mobile as Mobile Suits. It's the later novels that
> are based as much on the video games as anything else that keeps the idea
> going of Mechs as only tanks with legs. I've play the table top game for
> almost as many years as its been in print, and while the game is very
static,

> the concepts aren't. I personally think most of the new authors are doing
> very well, but it would be nice if they wrote the Mecha with a little more
> life in them.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. the BT mechs were very mobile and fast, now the
novels have the mechs as being slow, lumbering, walking, tanks. Didn't
someone on this ML say the BT novels are ending and a new series of novels,
MechWarrior, is starting up? The mechs do seem a little lifeless to me, too.
It would be nice if the mechs of BT had a little more life in them.

Aaron