Wed, 16 Jun 1999 05:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-bin/hljpage3.cgi?BCL1895

> (notice the Sentinel-esque beam cannon)

It's always nice to have someone give their own
rendition of classic mechas. Katoki is one, who gave
the chokokin-esque RX-78 original a much-more
militaristic feel with his best known 'Version Ka',
not
to mention his mecha design in 0083 that attracts an
ever-growing wave of fans. My next favorite is the
mecha-design team of Mika Akitaka & Yasushi Ishizu.
Their work in 0080 are awe-inspiring, too.

To me, both the classic and contemporary designs have
their appeals to cater different spectrum of fans, and
it's more important that whether a series has an
attractive yet consistant storyline to stand the test
of time. That's the distinction between a good one & a
classic. Undoubtably the UC, particularly the OYW
series fall into the latter catagory.

===
Colin Liu.