Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:46:26 +0800

>It's the yaoi stuff that gives GW a bad name. Gundam fandom in general
>tends to deal with sci-fi mecha, space opera, and modeling. But Gundam Wing
>includes a bishonen element, which tends to range so far afield from
>"traditional Gundam topics" that it really isn't appropriate for a general
>gundam list, especially since there are innumerable lists that are geared
>specifically to bishonen and yaoi fans. Gundam Wing spawns both Gundam and
>bishonen/yaoi fans, but those are distinctly different interests.
>tabby

        From a technical standpoint, i would consider a level discussion on the
yaoi elements of GW to be quite interesting. Gundam has always had a
bishonen element, all the way to Amuro and Char. It's just that Bandai
finally realized how little of the market they were tapping and did
something about it. Believe me, I've seen hentai stuff on UC gundam
characters aside from Four's pic. I've seen some Char/Amuro stuff on some
weird sites. I think if discussed for what it is, a great marketing thing,
it might be useful to the list as it is.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919