J. K. Shapiro (jshapiro@titan.iwu.edu)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:35:30 -0500

Wait a minute folks - can this cool off for a moment?

In the exchange below, I have to admit that calling someone a jerk for
posting an image that is not inclusive of your own favorites is out of line
(according to netiquette, at least.) Anyone who has been on the list for
more than five minutes knows that this list is almost exclusively oriented
toward the traditional Gundam series. Noone on the list should be attacked
for discussion or posting of that kind of material.

Having said that, once in a great while posts regarding Gundam Wing do come
up. In the past (that I have seen) the few folks like myself who are GWing
fans might discuss the topic and that's that. But the second part of the
exchange below is inappropriate as well, unless this list has changed
substantially without my knowing about it.

Yes the list is 99% traditional Gundam topics, but is it now openly hostile
to those who favor Gundam Wing? Is someone who prefers GWing (yaoi or
non-yaoi type) somehow "less" of a Gundam fan? And are we to believe that
the five teenaged protagonists of Wing are responsible for "all the 'yaoi'
Hentai doujinshi junk on ebay"?

I guess I'd really like to know the answers to these because although I
know I'm a (usually silent) minority on the list, I never felt that I was
patently unwelcome until now.

jks

>>In a message dated 6/15/99 5:03:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, gundam@loop.com
>>writes:
>>
>><< ...who drool at the sight of Four Murasame can check out a scan
>> of her on the cover of the Zeta Gundam Rapport Deluxe book, which I just
>> put up on eBay at:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=117866779
>>
>> Eddie
>>
>> Hey, you JERK! what about all of us perverts who drool over Heero, Duo,
>>Quatre, Trowa and Wufei, huh? WHAT ABOUT US!!! ::::glareglareglare:::: we
>>want yumminess tooo!!
>>Mollie
>
>Well...
>
>To paraphrase the immortal words of Senator Jay Bulworth...
>
>"You haven't really bidded on my previous eBay auctions, have you?"
>
>Past experience seem to indicate merchandise with these five boys' faces
>plastered on it are sure losers. Just take a look at all the "yaoi"
>Hentai doujinshi junk on eBay.
>
>Eddie

jk shapiro "Don't worry about it, ok?
(GWing wannabe We're good at fighting losing battles,
and die-hard Duo fan) remember?"
                                      - Duo Maxwell, Shinigami pilot