Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 13, 2:25pm, -Z- wasted bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [gundam] Kampher Cameo
> At 15:44 6/13/1999 +0800, you wrote:
> >>giant bazooka, panzer faust, beam saber. We don't actually see the beam
> >>sabers used in Gundam 0080 and they aren't included with the model -- I
> >>didn't even know it had them until I saw one deployed on a PVC toy figure
> >>-- so they'd be the best candidates for any further reduction.
> >
> > We do see them in use. Misha pulled it out to hack at the Gundam
> >just before the Kampfer was shot to bits. It's stored near the knee, in a
> >pop-out like the 08MST Gundam and GMs.
>
> I had to look the scene up in Gundam The Movies VIII to see the two frames in
> which the handle of the beam saber appears. Mischa just barely has time to
> draw it before Chris perforates him with the 90mm Gatling. So we're both
right
> -- the beam saber is never *used* and if you blink you miss (as I have all
> these years) even seeing it deployed.

Did you watch it on mute? The lightsaber sound effect is very prominent
when he lights it up. Is it just me or does the sound of the Alex standing
up (right before the Kampfer goes for the saber) sound a lot like those old
Giant Robot movies where GR goes through his fingertip missle kata?

Alfred.