Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:29:26 +0800

>The Kämpfer doesn't exactly have much freight to throw overboard -- it's
>already stripped down to essential armor and has only one built-in weapon,
>a brace of 60mm Vulcans. As previously noted, it's a single-mission
>design: high speed assault or blitzkreig. Kämpfer's designed to punch a
>hole in the enemy's lines, through which the rest of the forces can follow.
> It may also be considered expendable, in the event that said forces can't
>overtake and defend it.

        Speaking of which...it could have been better to have one gun system and a
one energy weapon built in just in case, or even have a lot of little
mechanical tricks, like blades in various parts of the body, or micromines
that are stored all over the place, or smoke systems...anyone of those
could have conceivably saved the Kampfer from becoming ventilated the hard
way.

>giant bazooka, panzer faust, beam saber. We don't actually see the beam
>sabers used in Gundam 0080 and they aren't included with the model -- I
>didn't even know it had them until I saw one deployed on a PVC toy figure
>-- so they'd be the best candidates for any further reduction.

I would say that I'd rather use those saber-stowing areas for more
important stuff, like more fuel or other weapons which are NOT energy
based...or maybe just leave one saber, and the other as some sort of thrown
stick grenade.

>It's also worth noting that the YMS-18 Kämpfer Prototype doesn't appear to
>have the Vulcan guns. These would be my second choice for slimming down
>the MS-18E. If the mission is to hit and run, then mêlée weapons like
>swords and short-range head-mounted guns are just a tempatation to engage
>in time-wasting one-on-one combat, to the detriment of the mission.

        As I said in an earlier post...change one of the guns to an energy-based
weapon. Although it may cause the head to bulge a bit off-centered.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919