Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:12:28 +0800

>Indeed. You won't see a rookie pilot got assigned to a
>Kampfer. Only experienced pilots with good
>understanding and execution of attack strategy will
>get
>into its driver seat. In that regard, Misha Kaminsky
>of The Cyclops Team was not only a good team member,
>he's also an ace pilot, who didn't waste a shot with
>Kampfer & send a bunch of GMs to scrapyard along the
>way.

        Yes, the Kampfer is obviously designed to be used either as part of a
shock-team or as a lone-wolf operator...although I just noticed its
somehwat familiar look to the Geara Doga. I wonder if that frame is what
they based it on, as well as some zaku, gelgoog and Dom like parts, and the
arms look suspiciously Jagd Doga-esque...

>> Perhaps it was the complexity of tech used for it
>> that got it to be in limited production?
>Not only that, but you can also think of another
>example: MS-06R Zaku II High Mobility and MS-06S Zaku
>II HM Commander Type. Both series perform better than
>regular F series & they were produced in very limited
>run assigned to ace pilots & commanders, e.g. The
>Black Trinary got the R before piloting Dom, and of
>course, 'Red Comet' Char Aznable piloted the S series.
>These limited type are developed for specific purpose,
>& again they are not for the novice or average Joe.

        Hmmmm...I got another idea...was it possible the kampfer was a strip-down
super modified version...in other words, it's NOT what a normal kampfer
would even get close to being like? I've seen the other Kampfer, and that
seems to be more like a normal version...
        In which case, one has to wonder what they did sacrifice to get it lean
and mean, not so much what they added.