Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:44:07 +0800

At 12:58 6/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Also, even with the color molded kits, plan on doing some painting, at least
>with the details, to make them look really good.

        Here's something I discovered about MG kits. Remember those nasty
spruce marks/scars that you have to paint over to hide? Well, I used some
acrylics, and after painting it on the scar, I quickly wiped it away.
Apparently, the scar marks will absorb the colour rather quickly, so as long
as you used a reasonably close colour, the marks will disappear, at least to
casual observations.

        Of course, this won't really help the overcuts that sometimes
happen, but it's a quick way to touch up the kits without having to resort
to airbrushing to really make it look good.