-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:18:58 -0700

Gundam characters sometimes have personal information the reflect on the
character's personality, such as blood type and birthdate. But the
birthdate can only be used with the Western astrological convention of
Zodiac sign, which is associated according to the Lunar month. What about
Asian astrology, which is based on the Lunar year?

Well, since I've already taken the plunge by accepting 2045 AD as the start
date for the Universal Century and including Olympiad observations on my
Gundam Master Timeline, I've decided to go a step further and include a
conversion chart for the traditional Asian calendar.

So now you can see that Amuro Ray was born in the Year of the Dragon 4808
and that the One Year War was also the Year of the Ram 4823.

Mobile Suit Gundam Universal Century Master Timeline
http://www.halcyon.com/dyar/msgundam/timeline.html

-Z-