Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:53:18 -0700 (PDT)

> I would think that the Kampfer is a very specialized

> MS, and that it can conceivably kick a RickDomII's
> butt speedwise. It looks like it was made to take
> advantage of superior piloting skills and marry it
> a large arsenal of what looks to be shock-value
> weapons.

Indeed. You won't see a rookie pilot got assigned to a
Kampfer. Only experienced pilots with good
understanding and execution of attack strategy will
get
into its driver seat. In that regard, Misha Kaminsky
of The Cyclops Team was not only a good team member,
he's also an ace pilot, who didn't waste a shot with
Kampfer & send a bunch of GMs to scrapyard along the
way.

> Perhaps it was the complexity of tech used for it
> that got it to be in limited production?

Not only that, but you can also think of another
example: MS-06R Zaku II High Mobility and MS-06S Zaku
II HM Commander Type. Both series perform better than
regular F series & they were produced in very limited
run assigned to ace pilots & commanders, e.g. The
Black Trinary got the R before piloting Dom, and of
course, 'Red Comet' Char Aznable piloted the S series.
These limited type are developed for specific purpose,
& again they are not for the novice or average Joe.

>> In 0079 TV/movies, the RX-78 took the 120mm bullets
>> directly, & nothing happened.
>
> Hmmm...I wonder...was the gundanium alloy
lightweight
> or had special properties other than being very
> resilient???

The Luna Titanium (a super alloy developed at Fed's
Luna 2 Base during the OYW), we were told, are
resilient enough to deflect bullets of Zaku 120mm
machine gun. This is certainly better than the high
tensile steel & titanium composites used by the Zeons.

There's always a way to explain things happened in the
Gundam world, don't you think? like the Minovsky's
Particles...

> ...I think that a true Kampfer weapons load would be

> based on automatic rate of fire, and a nice long
beam
> weapon. I would also think that it would have some
> thrown weapons and maybe even a backup projectile
> weapon...just in case.

the loadout we saw for Kampfer in 0080 probably locked
into our minds... depends on the nature of the
mission, I think Kampfer's loadout can be varied from
time to time, as long as it suits the given combat
requirements.

> Hmmmmm...Experimental then would mean that it is a
> specialized model of an existing MS, or that it is a

> unique version?

In case of Zugock-E, it's an improved version over the
previous MSM-07 Zugock, as well as a limited test-run
version much like the RX-79G Ground Combat Gundam in
the 08th MS Team OVA, in which no more than 20 units
were produced. Budgets & data-gathering are the factor
here. For Kampfer, we saw the green MS-18 prototype in
the model kits manual, so MS-18E is a unique version.

===
Colin Liu.