Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- -Z- <Z@Gundam.Com> wrote:

> a case in point would be the dubbed versus the
> subtitled versions on Gundam. Same picture, but a
> vastly different story!

Here in HK we are experiencing what u've just said.
The best example is The 08th MS Team 'Final Episode'
(The Vibrating Mountain [part 2]). When it was
available as vcd back in April, I found out there are
3 different (Chinese) subtitled version on the market!
The sloppy & careful translation of the story could
make a huge difference to audiences - some will grasp
the theme quickly while others are totally lost. The
same problem exist on the 0080 & 0083 OVA boxset. The
Jap to Chn translation (done by Taiwanese) are among
the worst I have ever experienced.

===
Colin Liu.