-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 19:38:39 -0700

At 13:12 6/10/1999 +0800, you wrote:
> BTW, does the E in MS-18E stands for Espionage? I mean, a lot of the
>suits used by Cyclops team had E in them..

Insofar as I know, the E in MS-18E stands for Experimental, just as it does
in the MSM-07/E Zugock. But here's no reason why there couldn't have been
a limited production run (say, half a dozen) of experimental models, each
with a slightly different mix of weapons.

> Which timeline are you using? I'm guessing either early 0079 (in
>which case you can use the prototype YMS-18, or even use MS-18A, B, C and D
>if they exists..=) or late 0081/0082 or even 0083 (in which case you can
>pull together a SpecOps team of Kampfers).

Again, I don't believe there were any A, B, C or D versions, just the
prototype (one-off) and a handful of experimental models.

Speaking of timelines, though, here's another:

http://www.halcyon.com/dyar/msgundam/timeline.html

This one's an adjunct to my Mobile Suit Gundam: High Frontier web page.
It's an amalgam of all of timelines with which I'm familiar, minus the
obviously bogus bits, such as all the misinformation introduced in the
English-language MS Era timeline. I've included known birthdates and
back-formation birth years -- if a character's age is given as 18 in UC
0079, I give a "born" citation in the entry for UC 0061 -- and Killed In
Action citations. I also include details that have been posted here over
the years. I may add a Spoiler Warning to the top of the page, even though
it should be self-evident that a timeline is going to give away plot
elements. Oh, yeah, and I perversely refer to the Federation HQ in the
Amazon as "Diablo" and hew to the Gundam 0080 UNT designations rather than
the new (and truer to the original) EFSF. I cut my teeth on Z Gundam's
EUG/AEUG nomenclature and prefer Z and 0080 over the original. Bite me,
fanboy. (^_^);

Corrections or critiques are welcome, but please post them here, where they
can be resolved through consensus, rather than stuffing my mailbox at home....

-Z-