Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:54:59 +0800

At 10:08 6/9/99 +0100, you wrote:
> The model kit manual for the 1/144 Kampfer actually has a
>picture of what appears to be a variant in it - the MS-18. Its pea

        I know.. I have the kit, just bought it recently.

>a slightly more refined, production style look than the normal Kampfer.
>I can't read Japanese, so I'm not sure what the story behind it is...

        You can't read Chinese either, right? The Kanji is the same as
Chinese characters in this case..

        Anyway, our Pea-green MS-18 is actually labelled "experimental"..
this could either mean prototype or a "Kai" version, though I doubt that. So
the "old" MS-18E is actually the production model, whereas the MS-18 is the
prototype.