Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:50:57 +0800

At 22:23 6/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> Why would there be only one Kampfer? After all, it has a
>>designation, so it's not likely to be a one-shot design, and there has to be
>>prototypes, so one of those could have ended up in the musemum.
>The one you saw in 0080 WAS the prototype.

        No. It was designated MS-18E, so it's at least a limited production
model. Remember as Bernie walked across the catwalk to his first meeting
with the Cyclops team, we see a half completed Kampfer? That could be the
one used later, or could be another MS all together. Furthermore, in the
0080 kit, there was a drawing of the prototype of the Kampfer, IIRC. The one
is the OVA is actually quite far down the production line already.