Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:04:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 3, 10:36pm, A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... wasted
bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [WOT] was Re: [gundam] New Turn A episode Summary
>

> On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:04:32 -0700 (PDT) Alfred Urrutia
> <Alfred.Urrutia@disney.com>
> bandwidth discussing:
> > > Subject: Re: [WOT] was Re: [gundam] New Turn A episode Summary
> > >

> > > <<Spoiler Space>>
> > >

> > > <<Delete if this discussion pains you>>
> > >

> > Hey, even the moronic Trade Federation aliens "heard rumors of" the
> > Gungans. They didn't need the clumsiest alien in known space to help
> > them there.
>
> Right, rumors. Kind of like I heard: rumors there used to be another
> continent
> called Atlantis, rumors that ZZ is going to be the next Master Grade
> model,

The point being that they didn't need Jar Jar, they could have found the
Gungans on their own. But that would become too involved and adversely
affect toy sales.

> Ever think that maybe they were using the weapons in a way that they
> weren't
> meant for in the first place? Considering that the Gungans really aren't
> surface
> dwelling people, maybe their real weapons aren't built around surface

No, of course their not surface dwellers. That's why their "sacred place"
or whatever the hell it was was on the surface. Like that makes sense.
Why not in the center of an active volcano, then?

> Nope, Luke. Kind of simplistic actually. He defeats the Emperor and Darth
> Vader
> and restores balance to the Force. Think about it, in Luke we see an
> individual who
> has walked both paths of the Force and found a path in the middle.

He can walk whatever path he likes. If Yoda and Ben don't tell him he's
finally a Jedi until the middle of "Return of the Jedi" then he wasn't a
Jedi in the other two movies yet, was he? I know it's supposed to be
Luke referred to in the title but gramatically it only makes sense with
"Revenge", not with "Return".

> > division or so of weaponed stormtroopers with armor support. So,
>
> Battalion.

A couple platoons of them with armor should be enough to take care of
those Ron Cey-kneed dwarves.

Alfred.

--
"They exit quickly.  The ship explodes, which stops all the droids and
 just makes everything great, because it's always enjoyable when a

- Rod Hilton, on "Phantom Menace" shortcomings