Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:16:47 -0700 (PDT)

Earlier, I wrote :
>> (on Haman Khan...) At least you & I have watched
the
>> TV series to know Haman Khan better than those who
>> have never watched any U.C. series & judged a
person

then Djallel Zouita <scirocco@gundam.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I've got to agree here, but Hamaan is still
> (after Sayla Mass), my favorite female gundam
> character for several reasons, and her looks isn't
> one of them. I genuinely admire the character for
her
> greatness: she's still young but she managed to
> rebuild Zeon forces and showed enough initiative to
> step forward and take power.

that's true, but on the other hand, her goal of
restoring the Duchy of Zeon w/ her as the de facto
leader is as remote as Char's dream of turning every
human being into NewType. Both of them are tragic
characters & they deserved each other (as least for a
short while after oyw).

> I must confess I haven't seen the end of ZZ but her
> death looks quite tragic to me (mind you, ZZ
features
> tragedies).

If Tomino managed to make the 1st half of ZZ Gundam a
bit more serious then fans would have been more
positive to it, as well as the completeness of the
story. Still, it's the sequel to Z, and there's always
the dependable Bright Noah to right the ship. :-)

===
Colin Liu.