ZAMBONY@mail.hitel.net
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 23:21:15 +0900 (KST)

Dyar wrote:

> Insofar as I know, neither of the pair of colonies hijacked by the Cima
> Fleet were ever named, although, for what it's worth, the Federation escort
> ship waxed by the Cima Fleet MS was called Strawberry 9.

According to NT 100% Collection : GUNDAM 0083 OPERATION PROGRAM, they were
named 'Airando Iizu (Island Ease, maybe)' and 'Airando Buredo (Island Blade,
maybe)' respectavely. The one that fell on the North America was the former.
The funny thing is, the basic design of Strawberry 9 was originally taken
from Gundam ZZ's guest spaceship, named Kassiopeia. (0083 has so many
inside jokes for so-called old-timer Gundam fans, hehehe :-)

> The colony that dropped on Sydney during Operation British was named Iffish
> Island.

Its name was not revealed until the 0083 did some good job in historical
retconn. The correct name is 'Airando Ifishu (Island Iffish, maybe)'.

> It was "depopulated" (either evacuated or annihilated, we're left
> to decide for ourselves) during the Battle of Ruum in Side 5,

Kondo's MS Senki manga suggested that it was 'annihilated' by some poison
gas (in its first installment that shows us how the unlucky hero Fredrick
Braun did in his first campaign) not unlike the Titans. But it is not so
canonical 'cause Kondo's Gundam comics are generally regarded as some
kind of 'parallel universe' stories named KONDO WORLD. (For example, the
introduction of MS Senki tells us that the ZEON declared its independence
in UC 0061, not 0058 as the official timeline depicts)

> The bulk of it hit Sydney, with several smaller pieces falling all
> across North America.

In fact, all over the entire earth...

-Sunwook 'No More Drops!' Kim