-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Mon, 31 May 1999 14:59:21 -0700

At 12:21 5/31/1999 +0000, you wrote:

>Okay guys, I supposed everyone's tired of the current debate as to
>which is the best Gundam. So now, for a fresh new topic, I suggest
>we move on to who is the best Gundam babe. Here are my nominations;

Your range of experience -- G, W and CCA -- is extemely limited. You also
seem to have limited yourself to "good" girls, else you'd've surely
included Lady Une in at least one of her incarnations.

I don't have the URL handy, but there's a Japanese web site that does
nothing but take votes for this sort of thing and rank the characters
accordingly.

Also, all of these qualities are highly subjective. One man's "cute" is
another man's "annoyingly puerile." I can't see the distinction between
"beautiful" and "gorgeous" (unless you mean "glamorous") or "sexiest" and
"'turn-on'" (unless you mean "sexy in general" versus "attractive to me").

Still, armed with the Gundam Heroines book and Merriam Webster's 10th
Collegiate Dictionary, I'll essay my own picks.

>Cutest G Girl: Allenby Beasly (G Gundam) / Quess Paraya

Definition: "Cute [short for acute] (circa 1731) 2 : attractive or pretty
esp. in a dainty or delicate way."

My Choice: Shakti Karin (V Gundam)

>Sexiest G Girl: Rain Mikamura (G Gundam)

Definition: "Sexy (1925) 1 : sexually suggestive or stimulating : EROTIC 2
: generally attractive or interesting : APPEALING." I'll assume that
definition 1 applies more to "'turn-on'" below and apply definition 2 here.

My Choice: Four Murasame (Z Gundam)

>Most Gorgeous G Girl: Relena Peacecraft (Gundam W)

Definition: "Gorgeous [MF gorgias (elegant)] splendidly or showily
brilliant or magnificent. synonym splendid."

My Choice: Haman Karn (Z Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Gundam 0083)

>Most Beautiful G Girl: Noin Lucrezia (Gundam W) / Chien (Agi?)

Definition: Beautiful (15th century) 1: the quality or aggregate of
qualities in a personor thing that gives pleasure to the senses or
pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : LOVELINESS."

My Choice: Matilda Ajan (Gundam)

>Most "turn-on" G Girl: Dorothy Catalonia (Gundam W)

Definition: "Sexy" definition 1 above.

My Choice: tie between Chiara Soon (Gundam ZZ) and Ennil El (Gundam X),
although Carol Youngfan (Gundam The Battle Master) puts them both in the
shade....

-Z-