BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 28 May 1999 23:23:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/1999 10:12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Z@Gundam.Com
writes:

> Now that ancient Universal Century MS have been unearthed in Turn A Gundam,
> it's time to revisit that "2345" date. I see only three possibilities:
>
> 1. The date is UC 2345, over two millennia after the last official entry
> in the UC timeline. Would the MS really still be functional after so long
> a time?
>
> 2. The date is AD 2345, the residents of Earth having reverted to the
> Gregorian calendar after giving up space travel and other "high"
> technologies. This is possible if you accept that the UC calendar began on
> or about AD 2045, which would put UC 0203 (the endpoint of Gaia*Gear) at AD
> 2248. It also allows only a maximum of 95 years between the end of the UC
> calendar (circa AD 2250) and the events of Turn A.
>
> 3. The date is in an entirely new calendar started at some indeterminate
> time after the last official entry in the UC timeline. This raises the
> same question as Option 1, with another two or three centuries of downtime
> for the MS.

Lord, the MS dug up in Turn A must be ancient! Its a wonder Capule even
works, much less being rust and rot free! It makes you wonder, how can they
can up keep ancient MS, much less keep them working in the Turn A time frame?
I would love to know the answers, but I can't until I see Turn A. They must
be very selective about what technology they choose to keep or else the earth
people have some huge secrets that could be told during Turn A's run. Turn A
sounds more and more interesting as time goes by! I am getting more excited
by Turn A all the time.

Aaron