Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 25 May 1999 07:05:41 -0700 (MST)

> > All I can think is that they're trying to capitalize on the nostalgia
> Now why didn't Volkswagen do the same thing for the new beetle? Just
> repaint the damn thing and sell it at the same dollar price as 30 yrs ago.

  They WOULD have, if they could have gotten over the new pollution/safety
regulations!

> > Is it though? It seems more like a 'cheat' to me... mold the skirt
> > armors and thighs as one piece and now you only need the hip joint
> Well, who's to say 3-skirt-flaps are cannonical? The chokokin hip and the

  Well, I mean, it certainly _looks_ that way in the animation! How much
more canonical do you need?

> HG/MG hip deal with the same problem (unrealistic anime) by two different
> ways. I'd give it a 7/10 for trying a new approach. Besides, if I scrim

  Well, I don't dissagree with that assessment, after all, it's better
than frozen skirt armor.

> my eyes at 29.jpg (or 30?) I could swear that the hip and skirt armors are
> not molded in 1 piece, but are independently articulated.

  Well, it's definately stuck to the top of the thigh in pic #30.

> > something 18" tall (1/60 Gundam Territory). That's a monstrous hunk of
> > plastic, certainly bigger than what I have room for!
> A 1/300 Waldom would be so cool...

  Yeah, that would be nice!
                                                        -Probe