Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Tue, 25 May 1999 05:14:09 -0700

> It has taken "Return of the Jedi"'s place as weakest movie of the series.
>

> SPOILERS
>

> The movie suffered greatly by being overtly geared towards kids.

I don't mean to sound glib, but I think this might as simple as Lucas
trying to mold a new generation SW fans. I've read numerous reviews with
this opinion, although I think it was most succinctly labeled as "the Ewok
element". Jedi was most definately targeted in part at older Star Wars fans
who were taking thier children to the see the film, and it seems this is
even more important in TPM.