Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 24 May 1999 17:19:58 -0700 (MST)

> > WIERD! You mean the front skirts open up, right?
> Yep. See the last couple of Hobby Japan issues for pictures. This gives
> the Guncannon plenty of freedom to swivel its legs forward.

  Excellent! So it can sit down and everything. The arms look reasonably
flexible too...

> > The Guncannon apparently does come with some extra barrels but whether
> >we're gonna get lucky and get some 0080 or 0083 style barrels (Yeah!) or
> The alternate barrels are the spray missile launchers designed for the

  Spray Missile Launchers? I don't really recall those, what do they look
like? These aren't boxy things are they?

> original series. You couldn't really swap in 0080- or 0083-style retracting
> barrels without redesigning the backpack completely. And that would be a
> retcon of the type that fans typically detest...

  Yeah yeah, but it would still be nice to get some modernized looking
weapons at least. I'm thinking a change of feet with something (anything!)
a little smaller might do the trick though.

> >modernized Gundam design packaged as if it came from the 70s! Wierd.
> And according to the G-Goods newsletter, it won't have poly caps after
> all. In effect, it's the '70s kit with '90s detailing. Ah well, we can

  Yep, that's what I suspected... it seems more like some kinda wierd
publicity stunt than something that will really sell... I bet it needs
glue too!

  On the other hand, at that price and so cheap it's ripe for kitbashing
and tearing up for parts.... still, the lack of polycaps is really kinda
disturbing....

> always hope for a pricier but fancier 1/144 makeover with color molding and
> poly caps...

  Nyeah, I don't think it's too likely... if it was gonna happen it would
most likely have been #1 in the Revival series....
  On the other hand, we're gonna get the new MS-in-action PG version!

                                                                -Probe