Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 24 May 1999 16:35:11 -0700

Probe writes,

> WIERD! You mean the front skirts open up, right?

  Yep. See the last couple of Hobby Japan issues for pictures. This gives
the Guncannon plenty of freedom to swivel its legs forward.

> The Guncannon apparently does come with some extra barrels but whether
>we're gonna get lucky and get some 0080 or 0083 style barrels (Yeah!) or
>some 'shortened' stowed barrels (Yeah!) or just another kind of dumpy 1YW
>looking barrels (booo!) We'll see!

  The alternate barrels are the spray missile launchers designed for the
original series. You couldn't really swap in 0080- or 0083-style retracting
barrels without redesigning the backpack completely. And that would be a
retcon of the type that fans typically detest...

> Hmmm... Looks like some kinda wierdo nostalgia kick... the new
>modernized Gundam design packaged as if it came from the 70s! Wierd.

  And according to the G-Goods newsletter, it won't have poly caps after
all. In effect, it's the '70s kit with '90s detailing. Ah well, we can
always hope for a pricier but fancier 1/144 makeover with color molding and
poly caps...

-- Mark