Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 24 May 1999 16:19:49 -0700 (MST)

> > > 1/144 RX-78 Gundam Y300
> > I see alot of pictures of this, what's the deal? Are they reissuing the
> > ORIGINAL kit again? What the hell? Just to show that "The MS revivals
> Looks/IT is to be a remake of Perfect Grade RX-78 in a smaller scale, with

  Hmmm... Looks like some kinda wierdo nostalgia kick... the new
modernized Gundam design packaged as if it came from the 70s! Wierd.

> all the fluid movement that we expect from Bandai's kits nowadays. I
> suppose if Bandai moves a lot of these then the low cost will probably be
> justified. I am fully expecthing this guy to have PolyCap joints,
> otherwise, yeech.

  Actually, it really looks like it's exactly the same kind of engineering
as the original gundam kit, crappy plastic-on-plastic joints. For Y300
what do you expect? Pretty damn wierd....

> > > August 1/144 HG Universal Century Zaku III Kai Y1500
> > Now this guy looks REALLY REALLY SWEET! They did an EXCELLENT job making
> Hmm... Is it just moi, or are these HGUC kits injection version of the more
> popular B-Club GKs?

  Well, THIS guy definately looks it, while the retro-70s Guncannon and
Gyan look like simply re-jointed versions of the original mecha designs.

> > > September 1/100 Mobile Sumo Y2500
> > Excellent looking robots, I look forward to snagging these guys, they
> > can be made into Patlabors almost instantly! I wonder if the 1/100 has any
> I knew you'd be grinning with joy, Probe.

  Hey, these are really nice looking designs! One wonders what happened to
the Turn-A itself....

> > > 1/144 HG Universal Century Qubeley Y1500
> > WOW! Finally! What a beautiful kit! I MUST HAVE IT NAAAAWWWWW!
> One of the models I was actually considering plunking down $100s of bucks to
> get the GK version, to match it against the HG Gundam Team. Not anymore. I
> can get three of those and have them wreak havok on the HG Gundam Team. :)

  Absolutely, what a beautiful and awesome design! About TIME we got one
of these guys, wow!
                                                                -Probe