Mon, 24 May 1999 18:56:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> Probe writes,
> > Definately interested to see what these guys look like out of the box!
> >The Mobile Cow mode of the GC in the hobby show looks pretty simplistic
> >actually, just lie down the robot and plug in new fists, turn the head up
> >and that's it. Kinda looks like it's doing pushups.
> Well, that's about all the actual Guncannon does...

But it can do better!

Both Probe and I had wondered aloud what the flexibilty of this Guncannon
is like. I finally get a good look at the Apr issue of Hobby Japan. I am
surprised no one mentioned it on the GML so far, a pic in that issue
clearly shows that the lower body is very flexible. The hip box is
divided into two parts, the front half opens and allow the thighs to flex
about 55 degrees (amazing!). The double-jointed knees are even better, it
looks like it can flex more than 135 degress. One pic in fact show GC
doing a sitting-on-tatami/torture-kneel pose. And it looks like the head
can "look up" also. I don't understand why the Shizuoka Hobby Show folks
didn't do a better job of posing the GC, it should be able to do a very
credible MS Cow pose.

Now that I get my MS Cow, I have to ask for more :) In the anime, the
cannons recoil, i.e. the barrel bounces backward (along the line of fire)
when the shell is ejected. Can the barrels of this HG model recoil-slide
also? For that matter, does any Gundam model have sliding barrels?

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble