Lim Yew Keat (yalim@mbox3.singnet.com.sg)
Mon, 24 May 1999 02:01:17 +0800

Well, they are issuing this kit just to commemerate the issuance of their
first Gundam 20 years back, and they're selling it at the same price as 20
years ago. Of course they have to improve its look, making it look like the
PG. Maybe they're just trying to prove that they have improved over the
years.

Any one seen the July's edition of Hobby Japan? I saw this FA-78-1 1/60
scale going for Y17800 out in June. Is it just a conversion kit for the PG
Gundam or are they issuing a new model? If it is just a conversion kit,
which I presume it is, it is too expensive(to me).

----------
From: Y. Choe <choey@usa.net>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: RE: [gundam] First Look at Shizuoka Hobby Show
Date: Monday, 24 May 1999 1:30

> > 1/144 RX-78 Gundam Y300
>
> I see alot of pictures of this, what's the deal? Are they reissuing the
> ORIGINAL kit again? What the hell? Just to show that "The MS revivals
> really ARE better than the original kits?"

Looks/IT is to be a remake of Perfect Grade RX-78 in a smaller scale, with
all the fluid movement that we expect from Bandai's kits nowadays. I
suppose if Bandai moves a lot of these then the low cost will probably be
justified. I am fully expecthing this guy to have PolyCap joints,
otherwise, yeech.

> > August 1/144 HG Universal Century Zaku III Kai Y1500
>
> Now this guy looks REALLY REALLY SWEET! They did an EXCELLENT job
making
> this model look like a total badass! YOW! I like it!

Hmm... Is it just moi, or are these HGUC kits injection version of the more
popular B-Club GKs?

> > 1/144 Mobile Sumo Y600
> > September 1/100 Mobile Sumo Y2500
>
> Excellent looking robots, I look forward to snagging these guys, they
> can be made into Patlabors almost instantly! I wonder if the 1/100 has
any
> gimmicks?

I knew you'd be grinning with joy, Probe.

> > 1/144 HG Universal Century Qubeley Y1500
>
> WOW! Finally! What a beautiful kit! I MUST HAVE IT NAAAAWWWWW!

One of the models I was actually considering plunking down $100s of bucks
get the GK version, to match it against the HG Gundam Team. Not anymore.
can get three of those and have them wreak havok on the HG Gundam Team. :)

Y. Choe