-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 22 May 1999 13:22:33 -0700

At 01:34 5/20/1999 +0700, you wrote:
>Thank's this is the lyrics I'm looking for, its the song "The Winner" from
>0083 not 0080. Thank's again.

Here's the other one.

MAGIC
Kidou Senshi Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory ED1 (1991)

Don't come to me just 'cause you're lonely tonight
Lonely's only part of your game
Long as you live ypu must remember one thing
Give and take are one and the same

So tell me, are you ready
Really, really ready
I don't want your love for one night

'Cause I'm not lookin' for a love affair
I need the magic when I hold you near
It's more important than a one night stand
I need the magic when I touch your hand

Don't waste my time with empty stories of love
I've wasted too much time on my own
If I don't find the right solution for me
I'd rather stay at home all alone

('Cause) I'm the one who wants you
Ooh, how much I want you
But baby it's just got to be right

'Cause I'm not lookin' for a love affair
I need the magic when I hold you near
It's more important than a one night stand
I need the magic when I touch your hand

I need you oh so close to my heart
Come into my world
We can share everything there
I need the magic light from the start
(Magic)

Then you'll be my lover
Magic undercover
No one will be stopping us now

'Cause I'm not lookin' for a love affair
I need the magic when I hold you near
It's more important than a one night stand
I need the magic when I touch your hand

Singer: Jacob Wheeler
Lyricist: Jacob Wheeler
Composer: Jacob Wheeler

In addition, there's an English language version (or, more correctly, an
English song set to the same music) of The Winner called Back To Paradise,
which can be heard in the background during the Federation training
exercise in Episode 1. It's the same team as did The Winner, except that
Linda Hennrick of Arion fame did the English lyrics.

Note also, that these are the OP and ED for the first 7 episodes, after
which Hiroko "Mio" Kadomoto took over with Men Of Destiny as the OP and
Evergreen as the ED. These both have English language alternates, Oblivion
and Star Bright, also penned by Linda Hennrick, but only the Japanese songs
were actually used in the OAV series.

-Z-