Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:43:20 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/99 11:48:47 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
BlazeEagle@aol.com writes:

> That's not right. Why do they even have US, European. etc., Branches then?
> Its like why even bother, know what I mean?
>
> Aaron

It's called customer support. If you are a large corporation with a
multinational cliental, then you had better have an office locally for each
of the countries you have customers in. Example: I work for Tokyo Electron
Arizona (TAZ), which is owned by Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), and works with
(but separate from) the US branch Tokyo Electron America (TEA). There is also
Tokyo Electron Europe (TEE) and Tokyo Electron Korea (TEK). TEL supports
their products in Japan, TEA supports TEL products in the US, TEE supports
both TEL and TAZ products throughout Europe, as well as TEK supporting Korea,
Taiwan, and the Philippines. TAZ supports its own products in every country
with TAZ products in them, but do to lack of manpower TAZ is supported by TEE
and TEK. And the fact that TAZ used to be MRC (Materials Research
Corporation, owned by Sony) does play a part in this crazy TE support
flowchart. And that is normal for most Multinational companies, as I
understand it.

SJ