James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Thu, 20 May 1999 06:03:00 -0700

>> (OT) STARWARS Only read if you've seen the movie already
>>

>> SPOILER
>>

>> SPOILER WARNING AGAIN
>>

>> Or the "autopilot" on the Star Fighter which conveniently gets Anakin up
>in
>> Space so he can accidentally blow up the "only" droid controlling
>spaceship.
>> Which is hilarious because in the beginning of the movie they show like
>20-30
>> of these droid controlling ships circling the planet, but they
>mysteriously
>> dissappear by the end
>
>I agree that having Anakin blowing up the reactor by accident is kinda
>cheesy, but I think it is reasonable for only one control ship to be there.
>I think they explained that in the movie(but I might be wrong) that since
>the federation controlled the entire planet, they don't need any more
>battleship or something.
>
>One question I have to ask is: What is the whole deal with the blockade of
>Naboo? I mean, it is a small planet...dude .. I pretty sure the federation
>can't really get much out of it. What bother me is, why would the Sith aid
>them over such a small matter?As far as I concern, they never tell us that
>in the story. And as far as I concern, they never have the "revenge" against
>the Jedi, well, maybe they kill one of the Jedi. But that is merely a
>accident. Am I missing osmething in the movie?
>
>Felix

The whole thing is a set-up to get senator Palpatine elected president.
Palpatine, as you recall is the evil emperor that shows up in Return of the
Jedi. He probably made a deal with the trade federation. "Do this for me,
I'll get elected to try and stop you, (wink, wink) and then I'll give you
some sweet deals when I turn the republic into the empire."

What is it with the virgin birth of Anakin?

Is that two-headed pod race announcer lame or what?

-James