Chris Lau (clau@noco.ca)
Sun, 16 May 1999 23:06:27 -0400

BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone else been getting tons of Mail from HLJ's Mailing List? I have
> gotten over 15 messages from the HLJ Mailing List. HLJ E-mailed saying they
> would fix it. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems.
>
> Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I think the problem started when someone tried to cancel his order by
sending the request to the HLJ maillist. Consequently, everyone who is
on the list received a copy of his request. The problem then multiples
when everyone who recevied the message in error, responded by sending a
reply to try to notify HLJ of the error. The reply of course, is also
sent to the maillist address, meaning everyone who is on the list now
receives a copy of the 'error notification' sent by the other people on
HLJ's maillist.

To answer your question, I too, have received an unprecedent amount of
email because of this. And I thought I was popular around the world. :(

Chris.