Djallel Zouita (scirocco@gundam.com)
Sun, 16 May 1999 13:35:42 +0200

James Boren wrote :

> >In a message dated 5/16/1999 4:10:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> >jboren@earthlink.net writes:
> >
> >> Has anyone picked up the rights to Nadesico? That's a great series.
> >> I'd like to Future Boy Conan as well.

Yeah! But Future Boy Conan is getting kinda old, and seeing the time
they're taking to release Mononoke Hime in your country, I think you can
dream on. :-(
As for Nadesico, it would be totally justified. IMO the show was OK (I
didn't like it that much but it was still good) but a friend who saw the
movie told me it was truly great!

> >I'm pretty sure ADV got Nadesico. But they seem to take forever releaseing
> >their anime titles. ADV also got Garaski.
> >
> >Aaron
>
> Sounds like ADV scooped up the rights to keep others away, then they can
> take their sweet time releasing them. BTW, is Gasaraki even finished in
> Japan yet. Man, they jumped on that one. How about Cowboy Bebop?

Yeah, I think Gasaraki is finished, volume 5 (episodes 12 to 14) is
released this month on video. As for Cowboy Bebop, I thought
Animevillage would eventually bring it to USA, they really should, I
mean everyone around me has loved this show! (well, mind you they
managed to love or at least like Karekano :)))).
Among other recent things they should consider importing, I'd put Orphen
and those Change Getta Robo! oavs. I think the latter are in fact coming
to Europe through ADV (since it is a Dynamic production).

[Beware, this is getting way OT]

BTW, here are some results of this year's Anime Grand Prix: (sorry if
not all the relevant material is here but I don't read Animage, this
comes from a French Newsgroup so basically this was a cut/paste job):

Best Anime of the Year:
1. Nadesico : The Prince of darkness
2. Cow Boy Bebop
3. Lost Universe
4. Kare Kano
5. Card Captor Sakura
6. Akihabara
7. Trigun
8. Sorcerous Stabber Orphen
9. Saber Marionet J to X
11 Utena
13 Detective Conan
15 Ruroni Kenshin
16 Slayers Gorgeous
22 Pocket Monster
23 Serial expermental Lain
28 Spriggan
32 Gasaraki
71 Perfect Blue
71 Fushigii Yugi OAV

Best Anime Ever:
1. Martian Successor Nadesico
2. Evangelion
3. Slayers Try
4. Slayers Next
5. the End of Evangelion
6. Kaze no tani no Nausicaa
7. Shin Kidousenki Gundam W
8. Fushigii no Umi no Nadia
9. Yuyu Hakusho
10. Kidou Senshi Gundam
11. Mononoke Hime
12. Tenkuu no shiro Laputa
13. Aa Megamisama
14. Saber Marionet J
15. Kidou Senshi Z Gundam
16. Magic Knight Ray earth
17. Slayers
18. Cagliostro no Shiro Lupin III
19. Macross 7
20. You're under Arrest

As you can see, most Animage readers dig Slayers, Eva and Nadesico,
you'll also note how Wing is now *before* TOS and Zeta. My only comment:
that sucks.