Chaos025@aol.com
Sun, 16 May 1999 02:28:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/99 12:18:33 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
nandy@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> The fact remains that Japan has a rate of violent crime on the order of
> 2000 times less than that of the US. I'd suggest that Gundam has pretty
> much nothing to do with it either way.
> -Probe

That wasn't my point. The point I was trying to make was that popular
entertainment has nothing to do with real life violence. If it did influence
even a few people to violent acts, then that would be a sign of a brake down
in our popular culture, not our entertainment.

SJ