thea (thea@gundam.com)
Sun, 16 May 1999 12:25:55 +0800

> Kota Fujimura wrote :
>
> > > Another point that I typically get uncomfy with is the issue of
> murder with
> > > Gundam pilots. Doesn't anyone get the jitters when you realize
> it's a *15
> > > year-old boy* wiping out dozens of men & mecha every episode? And
> *enjoying*
> > > it? And that's only in Gundam Wing.

well if they made the gwing boys 20+ or something... some people won't
like it that much...
some people go for the younger main character hero type psycho no matter

how unrealistic it may be... it just goes to help them imagine being a
super [psycho] fighter with
big killing machines that'll only happen in their dreams... (it's just
some cartoon series anyway)
some cartoons are made to be unrealistic just to get the kid's attention
or imagination that
she/he could partake that part since they are of the same age... and
that makes them
want to watch the series better... it helps them like the show...
some people just watch the series to see the guys... the young guys...
if they made heero old for example...
some people would say.. "eeww... he's old.."
i think that's why the artists made them young... it targets the young
people's attention...
but if that person is a very reasonable, see-all and know-all... he
would pound about the issue of the guys being young...
usually it's the older guys who think of that, sometimes they don't have
that much imagination (coz they're too mature) =)