Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 15 May 1999 12:00:46 +0800

>Oh yeah I found it kinda funny and a bit TOO mellow dramatic when Herro and
>some enemy flunkies would just duke it out in a rifle fight in a straight
>away hallway and not hit each other. :D And who can forget Herro's
>patented tank top and shorts? He always wears that outfit and one would
>wonder if the creator's would at least give them a space suit of uniform
>calibur or something. And in the beginning...Herro gets shot and then he
>get's up again...wtf. Ok, I can believe the incredible martial arts
>skills, but then getting shot and having enough endurance and stamina to
>continue to fight? Ah...at that age it's difficult to believe.

        Well that's the reason why it was aimed at the teen market...and, well,
teens do feel invulnerable at times...I guess Heero was a symbolic extreme.
 As for the actual explanation..there have been hints in the manga side
stories about "intense training". I don't know how intense that was, but
for him to survive all that stuff he's gone through, he must have had cyber
augmentation or incredible internal body control like what some monks and
fakirs can do.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter