Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 15 May 1999 10:27:47 +0800

>I guess that what I'm saying is that you go into something with an open mind,
>and you'll be in better shape. Never forget that all a critic is doing is
>telling you their own opinion. They have a inflated ego while doing this
>because they are being published/brodcast. The fact of the matter is,
none of
>htem are truly what would be called experte...

        Untrue. I am from the same training and background needed to make a
"critic". I will agree with you that most of them are idiots...hell, they
forget that one of the main purposes of art is to entertain. However,
there are good critics...those who are not interested in a movie's
box-office potential. These are the critics who point out a movie's good
and bad points, and say their opinion in a proper, measured fashion. I am
actually embarrassed by some critics who don't even have the decency to
admit when they're wrong, and then blame the audience for being
unsophisticated.
        Critics are useful when they point out possible problems, but I think that
a critic must also know how to be diplmoatic. The idea that the truth has
to be said as it is is pure BS. There is a way of telling the truth so
that you can get it across in its entirety and still not slag
somebody/something. That's what all those English and Writing classes were
for...

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter