Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 17:14:29 -0700

Sunrise has posted an info page on the premiering-next-month,
CGI-and-live-action G-Saviour special. The info page at
<http://www.nifty.ne.jp/station/sunrise/gun_new/gun_new.htm> has a synopsis
and character profiles, which I'm going to need my trusty Kanji dictionary
to decipher. The staff and cast info confirms what I'd previously passed
along - director Graeme Campbell, cast of near-unknowns, no involvement by
Dreamworks or Scott Glenn or any of that other rumored bullshit.

  Two cast members in particular caught my eye. Chairman Graves,
representative of Side Gaia, is played by TV veteran Blu Mankuma; you may
recall him from the Robocop TV series, or remember his voice from Beast
Wars or War Planets, but to me he'll always be Captain Joe from Forever
Knight. And enemy leader Karno is played by Kenneth Welsh - AKA scary
maniac Windom Earle from Twin Peaks.

-- Mark