Su, Rodrick (rsu@tigana.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 14:42:02 -0700

The only rational reason I can come up with on why heat blade or heat saber
type weapon system continued to get produced after the general introduction
of Beam Saber type close quarter weapon system is the simplicity of the
heated weapon, and possible less energy requirement. I imagine that heated
weapon system just have the main blade connected to whatever power source
and off they go.

The beam blade system on the other hand requires energy to activate the
e-cap to form the I-Field blade shell, magnetic field to shape the shell,
and plasma to fill the shell.

Are there any heated weapon system in the post-ZZ era?

[ Rodrick Su [ ]