Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:23:12 -0700 (MST)

> >> The Sumo I
> >http://mechadomain.gundam.com/turn-a/sumo.htm
> The panel lines kind of make it looked like something in bandages, could be
> the after effects of watching 'The Mummy' though. It's definitely a better
> looking MS than the Turn-A, but it's further away from Gundam than the
> Turn-A is, so I guess that's why it wasn't picked as the lead MS. Thanks
> for the post, BTW.

  Yeah, thanks a bunch!
  DANG! That Sumo looks FIIINEEEE! I like it, I like it ALOT! And it's not
just the Zakish head, but the fact that it's got this neat
clamshell-styled arm-design, and just an overall bulky, solid look! How
could Tomino have refused this design?
  I'll admit it's kinda heavy and does look more like a Badguy, but it's
so _completely_ and utterly unlike the Turn-A itself that I wonder if,
once the design was rejected, Syd simply decided to 'go with the flow' and
generate something very blase looking. A matter of fact, the Gundam and
Sumo don't seem to have a huge number of common design elements other than
for the chest and the backs of the legs/ankles. I really hope they make a
Sumo model, I'd get it!

  The Flat.. now that's a bizzaro bird. Transformation is kinda like the
Hammurabi but that head and spinal-column is just too bizarre. It
transforms from a really boxy looking robot into a really boxy-looking...
box!
  The Rib... now that's a freakbot if I ever saw one! It's like a walking
crane-gantry or something, way cool! But goofy as heck. I like the
track-wheel feet...

  The Wadd... now that is a FINE looking robot, very Katoki-Styled! Who
designed that, and why couldn't he have designed the Turn-A?

 Actually, in retrospect, the only robot I _don't_ like out of this lineup
is the Turn-A itself, everything else looks at least semi-beliveable...
it's just the Turn-A that sticks out and looks totally bogus.
                                                                -Probe