Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 12 May 1999 12:12:26 -0700 (MST)

> >he thought about using moustasche as a boomerang, but decided against it.
> Um... let us be thankful! 8-|

   Haaaugh! And you thought _I_ was off the deep end! Let's hope he shows
some restraint in T-A, eh? On the other hand, this may have just been a
sly joke on Tomino's part... after all, the moustache is a two-piece
thingy, not sure how it could be used as a one-piece boomer unless the
mouth comes off too!

> Oh really! I was a little spooked myself when I looked at Honda's site
> for the P2, and they said that the biggest obstacle now in robot
> development is getting people to be comfortable interacting with robots. So
> they're both deluded _and_ techno-obsessive...

  Heeey! Whaddya mean by that!?
  I look _forward_ to the day when legions of P100 robotic slaves exist to
do my bidding, when we can replace some of these nasty grad students with
mechanized robotic help! Think of the possibilities, think of the
production, think of the PROFIT!
  Seriously, we're looking at a golden age of robotics here. Already our
air-force is seriously stating that the F-22 and A-12 will be the _last_
manned fighters ever produced in the USA. One of our missile teams here is
working on the next generation GLCM with a range of over 6000 miles, able
to enforce American will and doctrine anywhere in the world! It will be a
golden age of Hegemony, and all we need is the technology to replace the
infantryman with the Honda P-series robots.

                                                                -Probe