Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 12 May 1999 10:06:35 +0800

>I agree. I hope Bandai makes a 1/100 Turn A kit that the quality is at least
>that of the 1/100 Gudam Wing kits. I can't bring myself to buy the 1/144
Turn
>A kit yet, because the white its molded in will need painted over with a
>cleaner, brighter white and I have to get in the mood for the major paint
job
>it will require, since the Turn A kit will be my first try at a big paint
>job. The Turn A is excellent for a skill builder, since its not too detailed
>and it requires a paint job to look decent and is inexpensive to boot.
Anyone
>have any advice or tips that I should or need to know before I start my
first
>major paint job? Is their a certain type of primer I should use or will any
>plastic model primer do?
>Aaron

putty...but if the kit is to even look good, you may have to go for the
Battle-worn look...the nice and shiny look will all the more point out its
lack of detail. hmmm....for soot marks, I generally use graphite dust, a
brush and some fixer. other thanthat, it's a good airbrush and some flat
black. then it might be good to have a first layer of either silver or
gunmetal, then the colors....then you sand the color until the first layer
comes out...or you drybrush the edges.....there are many ways...

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919