Burke Rukes (wedgeantilles98@hotmail.com)
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:06:19 PDT

Mark-II writes,

>Looking thru Burke's Mecha Domain Update (fine work, lad!), I noticed a
>lack of specs for the Turn-A itself. For posterity, here's the specs off
>the model box:

(snipped for word economy)

Thanks! I will add it to my page ASAP.

>So this time, they are bigger, and a little heavier than in W or X(but
>still a lot lighter than the original MS...). The design still sucks socks,
>though. I hope that the mid-show replacement Gundam looks better!

I'm still wondering if that other Syd Mead Gundam design that turned up a
few months back (I think it was on a Japanese web page called KHA or
something) is a planned replacement, or just an earlier design? Whatever it
was, I thought it looked a lot better than the design he's using now.

>What's with the generator specs? I'd imagine that the number should be a
>comma instead of a period (to us North Americans, anyway), but what would
>the "+/-" mean? And "operational weight"?

Someone's probably addressed this already, but "+/-" is either a
spec/dimensioning tolerance (say, 27kW give or take 5kW), or some kind of
variable in the generator (i.e. the generator could be supplemented with
some other energy-producing equipment). They are pretty unusual specs,
though...

Does anyone here have any Turn-A eps yet? Email me privately as I'd like to
see some (just out of perverse, morbid curiosity, mind you ^_^).

-Burke "Burkenator" Rukes
heavyarms@gundam.com
wedgeantilles98@hotmail.com