Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 9 May 1999 14:00:10 -0700 (MST)

> > That REALLY looks BAD unpainted! Yeek, it's even missing some of the
> > extra 'color bits' you'd expect even from, say, a G-Unit or original run
> If what I heard is true, the model has butt-kicking posability. So I

  I've heard that, but I've heard it more like "The Turn-A is expected to
have very good poseability", I have as yet to hear anyone actually say
that the model does in fact have super-articulation.

> guess all the money went to that part of the development instead of
> colors, I can live with that...

  IF that's true! IIIIFFFF!
  Remember, at least as far as I've seen, every picture of the Turn-A
model shows it standing shock-straight up. It doesn't look like it has
much room in its knee-areas either, I'm a little worried that this guy
might have _very_ limited leg movement.
  As far as the rest of it goes, it seems like whatever 'enhanced
articulation' this guy has, it comes from the excessive simplicity of the
robot's design. I.e., there's so little detail and such plain armor
housings that nothing actively _prevents_ motion. I'm concerned
particularly about the feet, which seem to be connected to the back of the
calves somehow (or else the sole is separate from the heel, wierd!).

  Perhaps all this 'enhanced articulation' business comes from the fact
that it has _no_ butt-armor, and hence nothing prevents the thighs from
pointing straight back from the hips?

                                                                -Probe