Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 8 May 1999 15:00:58 -0700 (MST)

> I think it might be interesting to see Tomino do a "GARZEY'S
> WING" i.e a Gundam story with no MS. It'd give us a look at
> Newtypes and their abilities when they don't have to go out and
> nuke tons of enemy mobile suits and have mental breakdowns. But

  I think that was kinda supposed to be the idea behind Aura Battler
Dunbine and the mecha-less followon "Byston Well" (or whatever it was
called). But yes, I think Tomino learned very early that Mecha tied his
hands story-telling wise. That's why I'm quite dissappointed to hear that
not only is Turn-A chock full of stereotypical anime giant-robot fights,
but that the fights are pretty much really generic. (Unlike Brainpowerd,
little as I've heard of it).

> I bet Bandai would prefer a story about a wandering MS collector
> who does battle with other MS collectors! Gotta catch em all! :)
> Gundam Pocket! "Zeta I chose you!" Watch out for Team Zeon!

  AUGH!
  You know what, I wouldn't put it past them... hell, the way old MS are
being dug up in Turn-A is kinda 'collector-ish' enough! Imagine a series
where that's the focus! (Shiver)
                                                                -Probe