Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 8 May 1999 13:43:56 -0700 (MST)

> I agree. Most people like Gundam becase of the Mobile Suits, the good stroy,
> music, etc., but not for the Battleships. Sometimes, people forget, that no
> matter how much a battleship, could be better then a Mobile Suit, Gundam is a
> mecha show, not a battleship show. Sarcasm on: Go watch batteship movies, if

  The fact of the matter is, of course, that there are a TON of "Space
Battleship" Anime out there, from Yamato, to Tyler, to Galactic Heroes,
etc etc... And there are also a ton of "Space Battleship With Mecha"
shows, like Gundam, Gunbuster, Macross, Nadesico, etc etc... So there's
little point in trying to 'rewrite' gundam into another genre which is
already well-filled.

  I mean, we can easily say: "Tomino's Vision of the Newtype Future will
naturally lead to a future destiny where three powerful 14-year old
NewType girls with mystical powers will bust through space and time to
save the universe: Gundam Mystical Mobile Suit Rayearth!" but what would
the point of that be?

                                                                  -Probe