BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sat, 8 May 1999 15:19:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/1999 12:19:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nandy@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> > and protect them. I like the Turn A as a robot, but not as a Gundam. The
> > V-Gundam designs are my favorite Gundam and bad-guy mecha designs. I
see

> The V-G designs were really unique, they had a really neat sense of
> mechanical detailing (like verniers, knobs, bolts, etc) with a cool
> organic overall aesthetic... which meant that they had a seamless
> combination of fluid-rounded shapes and blocky mechanical ones, it was a
> very unique design style that seemed super-futuristic, in the same way
> that a modern molded-plastic motorcycle looks more futuristic than say,
> one of those old Harleys.

Yep, I agree. I couldn't have said it better myself. You finally put words to
my thoughts of the V-Gundam designs. I've always thought that myself, but
couldn't think of the right words.

> > your point. I wish the Turn A looked more like a Gundam. If I had the
art
> > skills, I bet I could make a awesome, great looking, mold breaking
Gundam.

> If you could draw a straight line... I bet you could draw a
> mold-breaking gundam better than Turn-A!

Ha, Ha, Ha!! :)

> > The fans can come up with better designs then Syd Mead. They should have
> had
> > a contest where fans design Gundams and Tomino picks the one he likes
best.

> YEAH!! That would have been cool! We could have done it just like our

They did that for at least two of the Mega Man (Rock Man) games in Japan.
They chose the best fan designs of the Boss robots, and then put them in the
game!

> "Mobile Suits Makeover" contest!
>
> HEY!
> That's an idea! For the next MSM contest, I vote to make the target MS
> none other but the TURN-A-GUNDAM ITSELF!!!!!

Good idea! Lets go for it.

Aaron