Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 8 May 1999 09:17:03 -0700 (MST)

> and protect them. I like the Turn A as a robot, but not as a Gundam. The
> V-Gundam designs are my favorite Gundam and bad-guy mecha designs. I see

  The V-G designs were really unique, they had a really neat sense of
mechanical detailing (like verniers, knobs, bolts, etc) with a cool
organic overall aesthetic... which meant that they had a seamless
combination of fluid-rounded shapes and blocky mechanical ones, it was a
very unique design style that seemed super-futuristic, in the same way
that a modern molded-plastic motorcycle looks more futuristic than say,
one of those old Harleys.

> your point. I wish the Turn A looked more like a Gundam. If I had the art
> skills, I bet I could make a awesome, great looking, mold breaking Gundam.

  If you could draw a straight line... I bet you could draw a
mold-breaking gundam better than Turn-A!

> The fans can come up with better designs then Syd Mead. They should have had
> a contest where fans design Gundams and Tomino picks the one he likes best.

  YEAH!! That would have been cool! We could have done it just like our
"Mobile Suits Makeover" contest!

  HEY!
  That's an idea! For the next MSM contest, I vote to make the target MS
none other but the TURN-A-GUNDAM ITSELF!!!!!

                                                                -Probe